How to troubleshoot iPhone Screen problems
How to troubleshoot iPhone Screen problems
iPhone screen is not responsive and intermittent touch / ghost touch
This article is about ” How to troubleshoot iPhone Screen Problems” and how to fix it if possible by DIY or profressional iphone repairer. Some of the problems you can fix yourself , some of the problems you may need to bring the professional phone repairer. Any information this article is educational / guide only.
Proceed at your own risk thank you
Reading time : 5 minute – part 1 iPhone screen not responsive
This iPhone Screen Troubleshoot guide can be applied to
iPhone, Android Phone, iPad, Android Tablet, Tablet Computer with touch screen
My name is L.T and Im professional iPhone / Android Repairer at CPRepairsLab Melbourne.
How to Troubleshoot iPhone Screen Problems
iPhone screen is not responsive and intermittent touch / ghost touch Or
My iPhone still vibrating but there is no display
This is the most common question that we normally receive from customer
- Whist typing the character not display properly, have to press very hard or sometime could not press at all
- Some area in my screen not touchable and cant be used
- Ghost Touch: Sometime my screen press itself or Self-Calling someone without open up the phone
- iPhone still vibrating but I cant see anything
Cause of the problems
- (1)Software Bugs / Software Glitches / iPhone lags by short of memory or storage
- (2)Screen not installed correctly / not sit properly / Connector Cable loose
- (3)IC touch controller (motherboard / logic board) problems
- (4) External Screen Damaged / Cracked Screen
- (5) Internal Screen Damaged / Screen Cable Connector damaged due to impact or water damaged
How to fix your iPhone unresponsive screen
Before starting doing anything please back up your phone if possible. It is just an security method not losing your precious data
iPhone Software Bugs / Glitches
-Try to upgrade your OS to the latest one
– Lighten up your storage by removing some pictures / video / unnecessary apps. I prefer to have at least 10% free storage. Example if you have an iPhone 64GB please allow 6.4GB free of storage.
Screen not installed correctly / not sit properly / Connector Cable loose
This problem needs to open up the phone and inspect the Connector Cable inside, make sure all sit tight and secured. If you are confident enough to open up your phone this can be a DIY project. If you are not sure what to do please give it to your local phone repairer.
IC touch controller (motherboard / logic board) problems
This is a severe problem all other troubleshoots must be carried before concluding IC touch not working. Some common iPhone models such as iPhone 6 Plus had a Gray Bar of Death – the IC touch controller inside logicboard needs to be replaced.
Some other model we need to do logicboard inspection (no fix – no charge) at CPRepairsLab or any motherboard component repair shop. There is always 50/50 chance of your device can be repaired
Solution : Let Phone Repairer have look at this and get correct answer
External Screen Damaged / Cracked Screen
This is the most obvious problem that we can spot. Your screen consist of 3 different layers : Protected Glass – Digitizer / Projective Capacity XY array and LCD / OLED display layer . Any of these layers broken can cause your screen not working from : Line on the screen, broken glass, touch not responding or Discolouration
Pictures for illustration
Solution: Replace new Screen
Internal Screen Damaged / Screen Cable Connector damaged due to impact or water damaged
This problem can be seen as – please refer the to the illustrate pictures above
- Internal Screen damage (No external glass broken or outer glass seems ok) no display at all or there is display but the touch is not working.
The Flexi Connector or Weld (fuses sensing array to flex connector) has
been damaged / broken inside . What is the cause Normal drop can
cause this damaged as impact break the internal cable or liquid causes
short circuit to the touch cable
Solution : For impact cause , the new screen should be ok. For Liquid Damaged Screen further test / check may need to perform
iPhone Screen Replacement in Melbourne, Come and get your phone screen fix now
Have More Question - Call us now
Other iPhone TroubleShoot guide